Here we take a critical look at the advantages and disadvantages of mobile pet grooming services. First the advantages:
1. Convenience. They come to you. No need to rearrange your schedule to fit in your pet’s grooming appointment.
2. Your pet receives individual, one-on-one attention. For the whole appointment your pet will have the groomers undivided attention.
3. A more enjoyable experience. There is no separation anxiety because your pet never leaves home.
4. Quiet, calm, relaxing atmosphere because there aren’t any other strange noisy pets.
5. No need to place your pet in an unfamiliar and uncomfortable crate during any part of the grooming.
6. A clean and sanitary environment. Your pet will never run the risk of coming into contact with the parasites or diseases that can be spread by other pets.
7. It takes less time. No more 8 hour days waiting in a grooming shop, while other pets are being groomed. Your pet is the only customer while the groomer is at your home.
8. No chance for your pet to get carsick.
9. No need for your car to take on dirty pet odor.
10. A perfect solution for older or sick pets that cannot handle the stress of a trip to the groomer.
Now for the disadvantages.
1. The possibility of a mess, or at least some residue to clean up in your home
2. If a difficulty should arise the needed equipment may be back at the shop.
3. It may be more difficult to handle your pet at home with less staff and more distractions.
4. You might feel obligated to do extra housework before the groomer arrives
5. Your other guests may cause a distraction during the appointment
Some of these disadvantages, but perhaps even advantages, are reduced by the mobile pet groomers who groom your pet in their own specially equipped van or trailer. For instance, this would mean no mess or odor problem in your home, but also that your pet is exposed to an unfamiliar setting. So, overall, its a judgment call based on how important the different factors mentioned above are to you and your pet.